Homeopathic Treatment of Skin Diseases/ Dermatology for Homeopaths
- Modules 19
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Language English
- Streaming In Coming Soon
- Module 1 : Structure and Functions of Skin
This module familiarizes the students with the structure and morphology of the skin and its appendages. The basics of anatomy, normal histology and functions of skin shall be discussed. The correlation of this knowledge with the diseases diagnosis and prescribing shall also be elaborated.
- Module 2 : Essential Clinical Skills in Dermatology
The scientific aspect of case taking, the knowledge of terminology used to describe skin lesions and other intricacies required for proper diagnosis of a particular disease shall be described with the help of several visuals meticulously collected from clinical practice of over 35 years.
- Module 3 : Clinical Investigations of Skin Diseases, including Histopathological Viewpoint of Skin
The knowledge and skill for undertaking investigations for the confirmation of diagnosis shall be elaborated to equip Homoeopaths in scientific case management.
- Module 4 : Homeopathic Prescribing & Salient Features of Commonly Used Homeopathic Drugs in Dermatology
The General principles of Homoeopathic prescribing, difficulties and characteristic features of commonly prescribed drugs and artistic aspect of case management shall be described. The rubrics given in repertories; their differentiating features shall also be explained with illustrations.
- Module 5 : Use of External Application, General Management and Follow-up of Skin Diseases
This module very well explains elaborately the use of types of External application, their usage, contraindications, concept of Suppression, Homoeopathic aggravation, Second prescription.
- Module 6 : Hereditary Skin Disorders and Naevi
This module incorporates diagnostic features of Common Hereditary disorders of the skin and Naevi. The limitations of their treatment have also been discussed.
- Module 7 : Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders of Skin
Nutritional Deficiencies like Phrynoderma, Pellagra, Scurvy will be discussed along with their differentiating features from common dermatosis. Also, Metabolic skin disorders including Porphyrias, Xanthelasma palpebrarum will be taken up in this module.
- Module 8 : Diseases due to Physical Agents
Different Diseases occurring due to Friction, Heat, Cold, Sunlight and Radiations like Photodermatitis, Frost bite, etc. will be discussed in this module.
- Module 9 : Diseases due to Bacteria and Fungi
Diseases caused due to bacteria such as Impetigo, Cellulitis, Erysipelas, Boil, Leprosy and diseases due to fungi like Tinea, Pityriasis versicolor, Candidiasis, Intertrigo will be discussed in this module.
- Module 10 : Diseases due to Virus and Arthropods
Diseases caused due to viruses like Verrucae, Molluscum contagiosum, Chickenpox, Herpes zoster and due to arthropods, such as Lichen urticatus, Scabies and Pediculosis will be discussed in this module.
- Module 11 : Diseases of Hair
This module will include the disorders of hair such as Alopecia, Telogen effluvium, Hirsutism, Premature graying of hairs, etc.
- Module 12 : Diseases of the Sebaceous Glands and Sweat Glands
In this module, the diseases of sebaceous glands like Seborrhea, Acne and its different presentations and the diseases of sweat glands like Miliaria, Hyperhidrosis, etc. will be covered.
- Module 13 : Diseases of Nails
Problems of nails such as Ingrowing toenails, Pterygium unguis, Koilonychia, etc. shall be discussed.
- Module 14 : Disorders of Pigmentation
Disorders of pigmentation are being discussed in this module, for example, Tanning, Phyto-photodermatitis, Vitiligo, etc.
- Module 15 : Allergic Disorders
Numerous Allergic diseases of skin will be covered in this module such as Urticaria, Contact dermatitis, Erythema multiforme, etc.
- Module 16 : Auto-Immune Disorders
Scope and limitations of Homoeopathic treatment of Autoimmune disorders in this module such as Pemphigus, SLE, Dermatomyositis, etc. will be discussed.
- Module 17 : Tumours of the Skin
Skin tumours like Seborrhoeic keratosis, Dermatosis Papulosa nigra, Skin tags, Tricho-epithelioma, Milia, Syringoma, Basal cell carcinoma and Squamous cell carcinoma shall be discussed in this module.
- Module 18 : Psoriasis & Lichen Planus
The two main skin diseases, Psoriasis and Lichen planus, will be discussed elaborately here in this module.
- Module 19 : Other Miscellaneous Disorders
Various non-categorised disorders of skin will be discussed in this module like Pityriasis alba, Pityriasis rosea, Pompholyx, Nummular eczema, Lichen simplex chronicus, roseacea, Scars, Keloids and Exfoliative dermatitis.
- Module 1 : Structure and Functions of Skin
This course shall empower the students and practitioners to accurately diagnose and manage skin diseases with Homeopathy. The focus shall be on modern terminology, diagnostic features of skin diseases, prescribing techniques and sharing of clinically verified symptoms of remedies. In addition, author’s experience about the natural course of diseases, insight on differentiating features of Homeopathic aggravation and disease aggravation, remedy reaction, General management and tips for quick redressal of common questions by the patients shall be discussed. This will surely enhance the success rate of clinical practice.
More than 20% of patients treated by Homeopaths belong to the specialty of dermatology. This is a challenging field as patient often opt for Homeopathy as first line of treatment. The accuracy of diagnosis, remedy selection and general advice to the patients is of paramount importance. Therefore, Homeopaths are required to be given practical training with adequate number of visuals. This course will help them to overcome this inadequacy in training as it is based on 36 years of practical experience of teaching and treating skin diseases in medical colleges of Delhi.
UG/PG students, Practitioners
- The students can get to the point information about diagnosis and Homeopathic therapeutics that can be useful for better understanding of the subject, thereby securing high grades in examinations.
- The practitioners facing bottleneck in the treatment of skin diseases can enhance their knowledge and skill in the management of skin diseases.
- The practitioners shall be benefited from the knowledge of author, who is an experienced clinician, teacher and researcher.
- The participants will be developing modern outlook towards the management of difficult and chronic dermatological cases by overcoming various dogmas.
- The knowledge of deep-acting and lesser-used drugs shall give an additional perspective in the case management.
- The students and clinicians will be able to better understand the differential diagnosis of different skin diseases and will also be able to distinguish Homeopathic aggravation from disease aggravation which is a very important aspect of case management.