Cardiovascular diseases are posing a great threat to the population in these modern times. Especially in developing countries like India, CVDs have become the leading cause of mortality.
Homeopathy can play a significant role in the management of these disorders. Homeopathic remedies are known to be effective in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, either as a curative or as a preventive prescription.
Dr. Maneesha Solanki explains the same very efficiently in her course on Homeopathy in Cardiovascular Diseases.
I will be mentioning some of the many drugs Dr. Maneesha Solanki has shared in her course with their characteristic indications.
COMMON NAME: Amyl Nitrite
CHEMICAL FORMULA: C5H11NO2
PROVED BY: T. F. Allen
MIASM: Psora, tubercular
CONSTITUTION & TEMPERAMENT: For nervous, sensitive, plethoric women, during or after the menopause.
SPHERE OF ACTION: Through the cerebrospinal, especially vasomotor portion, Amyl has six centers of action
- Circulation. Rapid but Transient Arterial Dilatation.
- Heart. Inhibitory Nerve Centres Paralysed; Violent Action.
- Temperature. Remarkable Reduction.
- Cerebrospinal System. Motor Nerve centers. Paralyzed.
- Kidneys. Dieresis, with Glycosuria.
- Locally. Progressive Loss of Function.
PARTICULARS: Precordial anxiety. Violent beating of the heart and carotids (is felt up into the ears), with sense of constriction. Accelerated heart action. Fluttering of heart on least excitement. Cardiac oppression and tumultuous heart action. The heart has an irregular, rumbling sort of sound. Aching pain and constriction around the heart. Pulse accelerated, full, hard, quickened in a very variable degree, irregular, jerking. Angina pectoris, with great agony. Precordial pain extending to right arm.
< Climateric, Slight causes, Emotions, Heat, Close room
> Open air exercise, Cold water, Cold air
Vasomotor nerves are affected. Dilatation of the arterioles and capillaries producing the following symptoms:
- < Climaxis
- Flushes of heat
- Throbbing headaches
- Drenching sweats
COMMON NAME: Night-blooming cereus, Queen of the Night, Large-flowered Cactus, Sweet-Scented Cactus, Vanilla Cactus
PROVED BY: Dr. Rubini
CONSTITUENT: Cacticin, narcissin, grandiflorine, tyramine
PART USED: Flowering stems
CONSTITUTION & TEMPERAMENT: Plethoric, full-blooded persons. Sanguine temperament
THERMAL REACTION: Neither hot nor chilly
SPHERE OF ACTION: Through the cerebrospinal nervous system, Cactus has three special centers of action –
I. CIRCULATION. Stimulation; Contraction of circular Arterial fibers.
II. PNEUMOGASTRIC NERVE. Paresis; Acid Stomach.
III. Muscular System. Rheumatoid Inflammation.
PARTICULARS: ENDOCARDITIS WITH MITRAL INSUFFICIENCY TOGETHER WITH VIOLENT AND RAPID ACTION. Acts best in the incipiency of cardiac incompetence. Heart weakness of arteriosclerosis. Tobacco heart. Violent palpitation; WORSE LYING ON LEFT SIDE, AT APPROACH OF MENSES. Angina pectoris, with suffocation, cold sweat, and ever-present iron-band feeling. Pain in apex, shooting down the left arm. Palpitation, with vertigo, dyspnoea, flatulence. CONSTRICTION; very acute pains and stitches in heart; pulse feeble, irregular, quick, without strength. Endocardial murmurs, excessive impulse, increased precordial dullness, enlarged ventricle. Low blood pressure.
< At 11 am, and 11pm, lying on left side
> sleep, rest, fresh and open air
- The whole body feels as if caged and each wire is being twisted tighter and tighter.
- Periodicity marked. Periodic neuralgia.
- Fever paroxysm returns at 11 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Menstrual flow ceases when lying down.
- Hemorrhage, constrictions, periodicity, and spasmodic pains.
- Primarily a cardiac remedy, characterized by horribly, painful, or constricting conditions, with congestion and disturbance of blood flow.
COMMON NAME: Hawthorn Berries, Hawthorn, May thorn; White thorn.
PROVED BY: Dr Greene
PART USED: Ripe fruit
SPHERE OF ACTION: Heart, nerves
PARTICULARS: Faintness and collapse. Heart failure in hypertrophy and valvular disease. Palpitation and rapid action of heart. Angina pectoris, pain above and to left of stomach, pulse strong and forcible, indications of hypertrophy, very tender spot left side of spine. Hypertrophy from over-exertion, from alcoholic, venereal and other excesses. Heart collapse in typhoid. Heart dropsy.
< Warm room, Least exertion, Night, Rheumatic affections
> Fresh air, Rest, Remaining quiet
- Heart tonic for muscular weakness in heart. Myocarditis.
- Insomnia of aortic sufferer.
- Weak heart muscles with oppression; stitches or insomnia, dyspnoea < least exertion.
- Weak first sound and with intermittent, irregular, weak pulse.
- Fatty degeneration of the heart and arteriosclerosis.
COMMON NAME: Common Foxglove, Purple Foxglove or Lady’s Glove
PROVED BY: Dr Hahnemann
PART USED: The leaves of the second year of the plant
MIASM: Psora, Sycosis, Tubercular
THERMAL REACTION: Chilly
SPHERE OF ACTION: Vagus, HEART; muscle, CIRCULATION: Liver, Lungs, Stomach, Occiput, Genito-urinary organs.
PARTICULARS: The least movement causes violent palpitation, and sensation as if it would cease beating, if he moves. [Opposite: GELS.] Frequent stitches in heart. IRREGULAR HEART ESPECIALLY OF MITRAL DISEASE. VERY SLOW PULSE. INTERMITS; WEAK. Cyanosis. Inequality of pulse; it varies. SUDDEN SENSATION AS IF HEART STOOD STILL. PULSE WEAK, AND QUICKENED BY LEAST MOVEMENT. Pericarditis, copious serous exudation. Dilated heart, tired, irregular, with slow and feeble pulse. Hypertrophy with dilatation. Cardiac failure following fevers. Cardiac dropsy.
< EXERTION, RAISING UP, Lying on the LEFT side, Music, Sexual abuse or excess, Motion, Cold weather, Cold drinks, food, Smell of food
> Rest, Lying flat on the back, Empty stomach, Sitting erect
- Heart troubles with a slow and intermittent pulse.
- Sensation as of heart would stop if he moved with cyanosis.
- Jaundice with clay coloured stools and slow pulse.
COMMON NAME: Nitroglycerin
CHEMICAL FORMULA: C3H5(NO3)O3
PROVED BY: Dr. Hering
CONSTITUTION & TEMPERAMENT: Nervous temperament: plethoric, florid, sensitive women; persons readily affected.
THERMAL REACTION: Hot
SPHERE OF ACTION: BRAIN, VASO-MOTORS: CIRCULATION, HEAD (forehead), HEART, Mastoids, Respiration.
PARTICULARS: Palpitation of the heart with heat in the face, accelerated pulse and pulsation of the carotid arteries. Violent action of the heart, distinct pulsation over the whole body. Excessive perceptible palpitation of the heart. In the heart sensation of fullness, heaviness, and heat, with laboured beating of the heart. Pulse accelerated, rises and falls alternately, low and feeble in sunstroke. Laborious action of the heart, oppression. Sharp pains in heart. Severe stitches from the heart, extending into the back. Purring noise in region of heat when lying, pulse intermittent.
< Sun, hot weather, Suppression (menses), Wine, Gas lights, Hair cut, Jar
> Open air, Elevating head, Peaches
- Warm blood, sensitive women especially, during climacteric or children during dentition with congestion of head and heart.
- Suddenness-Sensation of bursting, upward surging, enlarged.
- Irregularity of circulation.
- Pulsations of heart, head.
- Violent, ebullitions.
- Confusion, dizziness.
COMMON NAME: Southern Black Widow Spider
PART USED: Living spider
MIASM: Tubercular, Syphilis
SPHERE OF ACTION: Heart, Vasomotors, Blood.
PARTICULARS: Violent precordial pains extending to the axilla and down left arm and forearm to fingers with numbness of the extremity and apnoea. Later, most violent precordial pains and pain in the left arm, which was almost paralyzed. Pulse 130. Pulse so frequent it could not be counted and so feeble it could scarcely be felt (26th.). Pulse quick and thready (in few minutes). The pain extends from bitten right hand to back of the head, more violent pain in precordia, extending thence to left shoulder and axilla, down arm to finger- ends, left arm partially paralyzed, left pulse extinct, right pulse doubtful. Pain in precordia with apnoea, screaming fearfully, exclaiming that she would lose her breath and die.
< Least motion, even of hands, exertion
- A picture of angina pectoris is presented by the action of the drug.
- The precordial region is the center of the attack.
- Tetanic effects lasting for several days.
- Violent cardiac pains, extending to both arms, down to fingers, with numbness of extremity.
- Restlessness with cardiac pain.
To know the indications of more such Homeopathic remedies which are considered beneficial in Cardiovascular disorders, Enroll in Dr. Maneesha Solanki’s online course at https://www.thehomeopathicacademy.com/courses/homoeopathy-in-cardiovascular-diseases/
About Dr. Maneesha Solanki
Dr. Maneesha Solanki has obtained her degree in Homeopathy from the D.S. Homeopathic Medical College, Pune and she is now the Principal, PG Director, Professor, and Head of the Medicine Department there. She is also the Medical Superintendent. At the Nyaymurti Ranade Memorial Homoeopathic Hospital, attached teaching hospital.
About the Course – Homeopathy in Cardiovascular Diseases:
In her Course with The Homeopathic Academy, Dr. Maneesha Solanki gives an in-depth knowledge regarding –
- The need for studying CVD
- An integrated approach to CVD
- Causes, symptoms, and differentials of chest pain
- Systemic examination
- Role of Homeopathy in Cases of Chest Pain
- Role of Miasms in Chronic cases
- Auxiliary management
- Indications of Homeopathic remedies in chest pain of Cardiac and Non Cardiac origin
- Case Illustrations of Chest Pain
Enroll in the course here – https://www.thehomeopathicacademy.com/courses/homoeopathy-in-cardiovascular-diseases/